or click on the follow link: http://clubjasonsparks.com
.

Travel Schedule

SAINT LOUIS from July 14th-18th ---
SPRINGFIELD,IL from July 18th-19th ---
QUAD CITIES from July 19th-20th ---
DUBUQUE,IA from July 20th-21st
MADISON from July 21st-24th ---
ATLANTA from July 25th-28th ---
MINNEAPOLIS from July 28th-Aug 2nd ---
DES MOINES from Aug 2nd-5th ---
OMAHA from Aug 5th-9th ---
KANSAS CITY from Aug 9th-12th ---
SPRINGFIELD,MO from Aug 12th-13th ---
TULSA from Aug 13th-15th ---
OKLAHOMA CITY from Aug 15th-18th ---
DALLAS from Aug 18th-22nd ---
AUSTIN from Aug 22nd-24th ---
SAN ANTONIO from Aug 24th-26th ---
HOUSTON from Aug 26th-29th ---
BATON ROUGE from Aug 29th-30th ---
NEW ORLEANS from Aug 30th-September 4th ---
MOBILE from Sept 4th-5th ---
MONTGOMERY from Sept 5th-6th.
.
.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

TAMPA & ST. PETERSBURG

Although Tampa and St. Petersburg (St. Pete) are only separated by a 5 mile bridge over Tampa Bay, they could not be more different. On the Gulf of Mexico side is St. Petersburg/Clearwater. Life seems to be slower here on this side of the bridge. This is where most of the beaches are....and everything just seems more laid-back in St. Pete. When visiting the St. Pete/Clearwater area, I usually stay close to the St. Pete/Clearwater airport. There are a ton of hotels here and restaurants everywhere. The other benefit to this area is that it is convenient to both St. Pete, Clearwater, and to the bridge back to Tampa. The airport in this area is small, so unless you are flying in on Allegiant Air, you will probably touch down at Tampa/St. Petersburg International Airport on the other side of the bridge in Tampa.

When I am in St. Pete/Clearwater, I usually alternate between 2 gyms. The first gym I went to is the LA Fitness in Clearwater. Although the equipment is very new and nice, it is not what I would call the eye-candy gym. But...if you want a great workout and want great equipment....this is definitely a great option. The second gym I tried is the Gold's Gym on 38th Avenue in St. Petersburg. I was told this was the "gay" gym....but I found that to be far from the truth. In fact, I do not think I saw one gay boy at the gym the times I went there. The one thing I did find: HOT straight muscle boys. If you are looking for eye-candy and like hot straight guys, then this is the gym for you!!!

Now for the other side of the bridge. Tampa is more of the fast-paced city that you would expect from a large metro area. I usually stay in the Westshore area of Tampa. I prefer this area because it is close to the International Airport, a lot of nice hotels, 2 major malls, and a lot of restaurants. Whenever possible, I like to stay at the Renaissance Hotel at International Plaza. This is not only a very nice mall; but the hotel is just steps away from a ton of great dining (and fast food) options as well. Even when I do not stay at the mall, I always stay close by so I can take advantage of the dining options at the mall.

If you decide to workout in Tampa, you may be on your own. I always workout at the Gold's Gym in Tampa just because it is easy and convenient. This gym is what I would consider adequate. It is not fancy and is pretty basic. It is never really packed either. There are a few hot straight guys that work out there, but I would not go out of my way to go to this gym. I was told there is a "gay" gym closer to downtown Tampa...but....considering my experience with gay gyms in St. Pete, I was apprehensive to drive across town to try another gym. The one gym I would tell you to definitely avoid is the Bally Total Fitness just north of the airport. This gym is a DUMP!!!! All I can say is STAY AWAY!!!

If you are looking for nightlife, Ybor City is the area to go. On a previous trip, I was taken to a gay nightclub in Ybor City and has a BLAST!!!

One day I will have to go to Tampa/St. Pete with a local and maybe I can find the right places to go, see, and do. Although I have been to Tampa many times now, I just have not seem to be able to get the groove that excites me about a city.